Whale watching, climbing one of the highest waterfall, Mangrove Kayaking, Wildlife Safari and what not : Check out this beautiful island nation!!
Places covered : Sigiriya, Ella, Mirissa, Unawatuna, Galle Fort, Udawalawa
Who is this for : Youngsters, Solo travellers, Couples
What is included in the tour
- 6 Nights Stay (details in Accommodation section)
- Pidurangla Rock Hiking
- Sigiriya/Lion’s Rock Hike (Guide and transport only, entrance ticket not included)
- Trekking to Ella Rock
- Little Adam’s Peak along with Nine Arch Bridge
- Ravana Falls
- Dialuma Falls
- Udawalawe National Park Safari
- Whale Watching in Mirissa
- Mangrove Kayaking in Madu River
- Colombo - Dambulla transfer
- Dambulla - Ella transfer
- Ella – Udawalawe transfer
- Udawalawe – Unawatuna transfer
- Unawatuna - Colombo transfer
- Srilanka tourist visa
- 50000 USD travel cover for 10 days
- Meals (6 Breakfast)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights (options given in Customizations section)
- Sigiriya entrance ticket
- Meals (unless explicitly mentioned in inclusions)
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in Inclusions
- Whale watching in Mirissa
- Mangroves Kayaking in Madu river
- Wildlife safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Visit “Lion’s Rock” – the Signature of Srilanka
- Get drenched in few of the most wonderful waterfalls of Srilanka
- Laze around the beautiful beaches in backpacker town on Unawatana
Day 1 >>
ARRIVAL: Arrive at Colombo airport. Get transferred to Dambulla- the closest town from Sigiriya, important part of cultural triangle of Srilanka and famously known for Lion’s rock.
SUNSET AT PIDURANGLA ROCK: We will do a short, beautiful Sunset hike of Pidurangla rock, which offers breath-taking views of countryside Srilanka and one of the most impressive view of Sigiriya (Lion’s) rock.
Day 2 >>
HIKE TO LION’S ROCK: Head for a Sunrise hike to Lion’s rock (Optional). The hike takes around 2 hours. Transportation and guide is included, but the entrance fee is to be paid on the spot. It is an optional hike, if you want to spend a lazy morning.
SIGIRIYA – ELLA: Travel to Ella after breakfast. If you love living green, then Ella is obviously a place to visit. Journey is quite scenic, and we’ll be making stops on the way to enjoy the green vistas.
LITTLE ADAM’S PEAK & RAVANA FALLS: We will visit Little Adam’s peak today upon our arrival, followed by getting drenched in the famous Ravana Falls.
Day 3 >>
TREK TO ELLA ROCK: Challenge yourself for this 4 hour trek offering panoramic views. It might seem like a long journey, but the mist and clouds covering the area are just out of the world.
Day 4 >>
ELLA - DIALUMA FALLS - UDAWALAWE: Leave from Ella in the morning, and visit Dialuma Falls. It is one heck of an experience to climb up to the second highest waterfall of Srilanka. Climb is easy and natural step pools are there to reward you! Later travel to Udawalawe.
Day 5 >>
WILDLIFE SAFARI AT UDAWALAWE NATIONAL PARK: We will do a half day (2.5 - 3 hours) safari of this beautiful national park. Udawalawe is famous for elephants and many other species of animals. Leopards are not that uncommon. But, it’s Safari – let’s see how lucky we are on that day!!
UDAWALAWE – UNWATUNA / GALLE FORT: Travel to southern coast of Srilanka today to the quirky towns of Galle Fort and Unawatuna. Other than dozens of beautiful beaches, they are also famous for diving, snorkelling etc.
Day 6 >>
WHALE WATCHING TOUR IN MIRISSA: Get ready for this exciting tour to see one of the biggest mammals on earth. This tour covers the migration of whales and watching them closely is almost sure. This is often termed as the best place to see whales this close to land masses in the world! We’ll also explore beaches along the coast.
Day 7 >>
GALLE FORT: It’s not over yet!! After breakfast we will leave for Galle Fort..A quirky town, which is famously known for “people getting lost amongst the time-worn laneways and breezy Dutch colonial style buildings”.
MANGROVES KAYAKING IN MADU RIVER: Enjoy an afternoon kayaking trip in the wetlands around the Madu river, a home to many species of animals and birds. And it is abundant with endangered mangroves.
RETURN: After Kayaking, get transferred to Colombo airport and board your flight back while planning another such adventure.
- 22 – 23 Dec | Dambulla | The Town Natureparkor similar
- 23 – 25 Dec | Ella | Bunk Station or similar
- 25 – 26 Dec | Udawalawa | Walauwa Safari Resort or similar
- 26 – 28 Dec | Unawatana | Kumara Guest House or similar
Please note that these are shared accommodations. Couple could be provided double rooms, if required.
Below are the customization options that you could opt for in this trip. You can select these options later, while making the booking.
- Flights from Chennai (INR 9,100 per person)
22 Dec | Chennai (00:10) – Colombo (01:30)
29 Dec | Colombo (02:30) – Chennai (03:45)
Please note that flight details would vary depending on where you are from.
- Please note that this is intended to be a backpacking adventure trip. The accommodations included are shared ones, which will allow you to meet new people and make travel friends. If you’re looking for private rooms, it can be arranged.
- Most of the activities are booked, though we kept few items optional and those can be opted by you based on your personal choice.
- Lunch/Dinner are not included in this itinerary, though food is quite inexpensive in Srilanka.
- Hike to Ella Top and PIDURANGALA ROCK requires no previous hiking experience but do require enough stamina for a 5 Km run in an hour. Ella top hike shall take 4-5 hours of overall hiking.
- Whale watching is like a wildlife safari, let’s hope we will see them – but going by statistics, whale watching probability is 98%, which is best anywhere in the world.