Swimming in stepped pools of Kuang Si waterfall, Tubing in water cave, Sunset cruise on Mekong, Exploring the UNESCO world heritage city of Luang Prabang. What more could we ask for!
Places covered : Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang
Who is this for : Youngsters, Solo travellers, Couples
What is included in the tour
- 6 Nights Stay as per the tour category chosen (details in Accommodation section)
- Vientiane – Vang Vieng | Bus
- Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang | Bus
- Vientiane airport - Vientiane Hotel | Shared transfer
- Luang Prabang hotel - Luang Prabang airport | Shared transfer
- Half Day Vientiane Tour
- Full Day Water Cave Tubing, Zipline, Kayaking, Blue Lagoon Tour
- Mekong Sunset Cruise with Snacks & Drinks
- Jungle Trek to Kuang Si Waterfalls with Bear Sanctuary
- 50000 USD travel cover for 7 days
- Meals (6 Breakfast, 2 Lunch)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flights (options given in Customizations section)
- Visa on arrival fee (directly payable at airport)
- Meals (unless explicitly mentioned in inclusions)
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in Inclusions
- Mind-blowing views of Kuang Si waterfall
- Tubing in water cave
- Blue lagoon in Vang Vieng
- Sunset Cruise on Mekong river
- UNESCO world heritage city of Luang Prabang
Day 1 >>
ARRIVAL IN VIENTIANE: Arrive at Vientiane airport. Get transferred to your hotel. Check in. Relax.
VIENTIANE NIGHTLIFE: Let your hair down, and enjoy the Vientiane’s nightlife at leisure.
Day 2 >>
HALF DAY VIENTIANE TOUR: The tour begins at the serene Wat Sisaket, the only temple left intact after the Siamese (Thai) invasion in 1828. Continue on to the nearby Wat Phra Keo. Used as a religious museum, Wat Phra Keo displays a collection of both Lao and Khmer works of art. Also nearby is the Presidential Palace- a good glimpse in to the town’s colonial past. Visit COPE, an association working to help landmine victims. Continue to the Patuxay monument, Laos’ version of the Arc de Triomph, where you can climb the stairs to the roof for sweeping panoramic views of the city. Next, your tour takes you to That Luang, the holiest site in Laos.
VIENTIANE – VANG VIENG: Get transferred from Vientiane to your hotel in Vang Vieng. Check in and relax.
Day 3 >>
FULL DAY ZIPLINE, WATER CAVE, KAYAKING & BLUE LAGOON TOUR: The tour starts with a walk through a small Lao farm and village with green rice fields. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy one of the best Zipline experiences. At the end of zipline, you have the chance to swim in the clear, cool spring water that lies at the mouth of Tham Nam (Water Cave), where you will go tubing up to 500 metres inside of the cave.
The tubing is then followed by a free BBQ lunch aside Tham Nam (Water Cave). There will then be a 30 minute walk back to a village, where you’ll be picked up to begin your 3 hour kayaking trip.
You’ll be driven to the starting point, Khmu Village, 10km North of Vang Vieng. The friendly English speaking guides will give you some paddle instructions before you start on this 3 hour kayaking trip. You’ll have the opportunity to stop at bars throughout the river, where you can relax by the river.
Once the kayaking is completed, we’ll take a truck ride to the famous Blue Lagoon, where you will have a chance to swim in the lagoon or just relax in the small bamboo huts. Afterwards we will return back to Vang Vieng.
Day 4 >>
VANG VIENG - LUANG PRABANG: Get transferred from Vang Vieng to your hotel in Luang Prabang. Check in and relax.
MEKONG SUNSET CRUISE WITH SNACKS & DRINKS: Sunset in Luang Prabang leaves a lasting impression on travelers. It’s the golden light on the mountains, the calm that blankets the Mekong, the gathering of friends, the temple bells and drums heralding evening prayers. For locals and tourists alike, it’s a collective sigh, a pause in time.
Day 5 >>
JUNGLE TREK TO KUANG SI WATERFALL WITH BEAR SANCTUARY: We start this adventurous trek after a 45 minutes journey to a Hmong village. Being careful not to disrupt the serenity of this isolated village, we can observe the locals as they tend to their daily tasks. After an enchanting encounter and photographs we continue with a 3.5 hours trek to the pristine surrounding of Kuang Si waterfalls.
Enjoying the lunch on the way or next to the turquoise pools while you can cool yourself with a refreshing swim and take the most beautiful picture of the waterfalls.
Return to Luang Prabang in the evening.
Day 6 >>
MORNING ALMS GIVING CEREMONY: Wake up early morning and walk to the main street to see one of the most sacred Lao traditions, the Buddhist Alms Giving Ceremony. Alms giving takes place daily as the sun rises, beginning on the main street of Luang Prabang before spreading out to all the side streets. The tradition of alms gathering dates back to the 14th century, yet still today locals wake early to prepare the food for the monks and wait quietly by the roadside to give their gifts.
DISCOVER LUANG PRABANG: In the afternoon, explore the beautiful city centre on your own. Deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1995, Luang Prabang is lauded as the heart of Laotian culture. Begin exploring at the Royal Palace Museum. Take in the palace's unique architecture—a mix of French Beaux-Arts style and Laotian touches—and get a glimpse into everyday life in the 1930s with carefully preserved artefacts and murals. Next, head to some of the oldest temples in the area, including Wat Xiengthong, which features a stunning tree of life mosaic and intricately carved walls. At the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Center, get introduced to the diverse cultures of the country's many ethnic groups.
Day 7 >>
RETURN: Get transferred to airport and board your flight back home with wonderful memories.
Accommodation options for Shared Rooms category
- 13 – 14 Dec | Vientiane | My Box Hostel & Café or Similar
- 14 – 16 Dec | Vang Vieng | Vangvieng Rock Backpacker Hostel or Similar
- 16 – 19 Dec | Luang Prabang | Aham Backpackers or Similar
Accommodation options for Private Rooms category
- 13 – 14 Dec | Vientiane | Usouk Hotel and Spa or Similar
- 14 – 16 Dec | Vang Vieng | Jasmine Vangvieng Hotel or Similar
- 16 – 19 Dec | Luang Prabang | Vangsavath Hotel or Similar
Below are the customization options that you could opt for in this trip. You can select these options later, while making the booking.
- Flights from Mumbai (INR 28,000 per person)
13 Dec | Mumbai (02:40) – Vientiane (10:40) | via Bangkok
19 Dec | Luang Prabang (11:20) – Mumbai (22:00) | via Bangkok
- Flights from Chennai (INR 27,000 per person)
13 Dec | Chennai (01:30) – Vientiane (10:40) | via Bangkok
19 Dec | Luang Prabang (11:20) – Chennai (00:30, next day) | via Bangkok
- Flights from Delhi (INR 28,000 per person)
13 Dec | Delhi (03:30) – Vientiane (12:35) | via Bangkok
19 Dec | Luang Prabang (11:20) – Delhi (23:00) | via Bangkok
- Flights from Bangalore (INR 30,000 per person)
13 Dec | Bangalore (01:00) – Vientiane (10:40) | via Bangkok
19 Dec | Luang Prabang (11:20) – Bangalore (23:55) | via Bangkok
- Please note that the accommodations included in the shared rooms option are usually mixed dormitory accommodations.
- Though vegetarian and Indian food is easily available in Laos, options in breakfasts are rather limited.
- The full day tour is Vang Vieng is a mild adventure activity. Children are not allowed in this tour.